SHAFAQNA (Shia News Association) — The brain is the crowning organ of the human being. Therefore, dysfunctions involving it are always important. Brain fog is one of the most important symptoms today, even though I have not seen it listed as a diagnosis or recognized health condition in most medical or psychological texts.
A clinical definition of brain fog.
Brain fog may be described as feelings of mental confusion or lack of mental clarity. It is called brain fog because it can feel like a cloud that reduces your ability to think clearly. It can cause a person to become forgetful, detached and often discouraged and depressed.
For example You go to a room and don’t know why you came in for. You look at the file but cannot understand why you opened it in the first place. You can stare at the computer screen in front of you but don’t know what are you looking at.
It usually is present most of the time, meaning it does not come and go, although it may become better or worse depending on what a person eats, or one’s state of rest and hydration.
Brain fog is quite common. It affects thousands of people, including children as well as adults. It contributes to school and work problems, low self-esteem, accidents often is a factor in crime and delinquency because it can cause intense frustration and inability to function well in society.
The onset of brain fog. Some people have had brain fog for most of their lives, and may even think their state of mind is normal. In some other cases, it comes on slowly with age or time. In still other instances, it may develop almost overnight, perhaps after a mild flu or other illness, or perhaps after a toxic exposure.
However, this problem can be combated with few tricks. Explore the following pointers to know the tips for getting rid of brain fogs.
Tips For Getting Rid Of Brain Fog
· Stress is one of the main culprits of brain fog. How foggy you feel very much depends on how you react to any stressful situation. Although it is almost impossible to completely avoid taking stress but try putting yourself in places where you are likely to get stressed. Learn the stress management skill.
· Have a quality sleep. More often than not we fall into brain fog, as we are not able to provide the brain the time to rest. Sleep is the best rest for the brain and so have at least eight hours of sleep.
· Don’t live in a cluttered environment. Clean space helps in avoiding brain fog. So at work, keep your files and desk organized and clean and avoid stuffing your home with things and you would be amazed with the results.
· If it is a work problem, which is giving your brain fog, get up and move from the place. No matter how busy you are, a walk will give you enough time to clear out all the fogs and will help you think clearly. You can either go for a long walk or just walk briskly around your cubicle. You could also stretch for a few minutes.
· Acupuncture also helps you in treating brain fog. The point just under the collarbone joining the breastbone acts as a reset point and can help you clear your mental fog. Find the point and tap your fingers on it.
· Drink loads of water and eat nutritious food. When you are dehydrated, you are more likely to fall into brain fog.
· Massaging and gently pulling down your earlobes also works wonder as it helps in reducing the pressure in the head thus helping it to think clearly.
· Avoid too much sugar especially on an empty stomach. Eating too much sugar, sugar-containing products, sodas, sweets, white rice, pastas etc will only make the brain-fogging situation worse.
· Make sure that your body is taking proteins every day. Keep healthy foods, on your office desk and snack whenever you feel hungry.
· If you feel foggy, then close your eyes and take deep breaths for few minutes. Do it whenever you feel foggy. This small exercise is very helpful in clearing your fogs.
· Incorporate exercise in your daily life. Exercises like weight training, balance exercises, aerobics etc helps in increasing the sharpness of brain. Make yoga, meditation etc as a necessary part of your daily life to help you combat brain fog.
· You can also ask your physician for medicinal help. You can also take vitamin B supplements, which are considered as an ally for brain.
· Procrastinating is an assistant to brain fogs. Therefore, be active and keep yourself focused to avoid brain fogs.
· Avoid doing drugs, falling into the traps of smoking and drinking. It will help you avoid brain fogs and help you think clearly.
· Play brain inducing games like puzzles, Sudoku or anything like that, it will help you keep your brain alert all the time. — www.shafaqna.com/english/