After the suicide blast ripped through a market on Friday just after Friday prayer near central mosque. Yesterday about 30 Shi'a Muslims embraced martyrdom and many were serious injured. Injured were admitted to civil Parachinar hospital.
The death toll from Friday’s suicide blast and subsequent firing by security forces on protesters in Parachinar rose to 44 on Saturday.
A tense calm prevailed as complete shutdown was observed in Parachinar bazaar. All shops, markets, business centres and educational institutions remained closed.
According to local people and hospital sources, 15 more people succumbed to their injuries on Saturday. Two of the injured died in Peshawar, one on way to a hospital and 12 in the agency headquarters hospital in Parachinar, the headquarters of Kurram tribal region.
Curfew remained imposed in the town on Saturday and Thall-Parachinar road has been closed for an indefinite period because of security reasons.
Meanwhile, elders of Turi and Bangash tribes, members of civil society, political and social circles condemned the suicide blast and the firing by security forces on the innocent protesters.
They said there was no suicide attack when the town was in the control of Shia volunteers. But as soon as security forces took control of the area and set up bunkers and security posts such incidents started taking place, they alleged.
They held the political administration and secret agencies responsible for the violence in Kurram. They alleged that some hidden hands were patronising militants to create the law and order situation.
They demanded immediate removal of the political agent in Kurram.
The number of martyr is increasing due to serious injuries. More then 44 believers embraced martyrdom and 67 others were injured.
1 Johar Ali s/o Shafat Ali (Mulana)
2) Qaisar Hussain s/o Abdullah Shaikh
3) Ali Raza s/o M Qamber Shakardara
4) Yaqoob s/o Ghulam Ali Shangak
5) Murtuza s/o Burer Hussain Salozan
6) Shuqat Hussain s/o Akber Hussain
7/ Mazahir Hussain s/o Akber Hussain Malikhel
8) Syed Saber Hussain s/o Nabi Zareen
9) Jan Agha s/o Noor Hussain Khoshi
10) Shujat Hussain s/o Hussain Ghulam Zareen
11) Hadayet Hussain s/o Moheb Ali Dahl
12) Syed Istyaq Hussain s/o Syed Akber Zareen
13) Habib Hussain s/o Imran Ali
14) Jameel Hussain s/o Ali Zaman
15) Azgher Ali s/o Dafter Ali Salozan
16) Irfan Ali s/o Sultan Ali Zareen
17) Ghulam Hussain s/o Meer Hasan Zareen
18) Haider Abbas s/o Meer Hasan Zareen
19) Bahar Hussain s/o Iqbal Hussain Molana
20) Rashed Hussain s/o Liyaqt Hussain Pewar
21) Wajid Hussain s/o Manzoor Ali Zeran
22) Manzoor Ali Zeran
23) Qasir Hussian s/o Mohib Haji Boshera
24) Noor Aalm s/o Hamid Sapar shaheed upon firing of Rangers
25) Ikhtiar Sapar
26) Rashid Ali s/o Ali Mohammed Kirman, shaheed upon firing of Rangers
27) Arif s/o Hasan Kirman
28) Gulzar Sholazan
29) Wajid Ali s/o Manzoor Ali Zeeran
30) Ikhtiar Zeeran, shaheed upon firing of Rangers
31) S Asif Hussain s/o Syed Hasan Jan Kirman,
32) Kamran Ali s/o Imran Ali, Shablan
33) Mashad Hussain s/o Sultan Hasan, Gwadarm
34) Zeeshan s/o Ashiq Hussain, Kara Khela
35) Qaisar Ali s/o Naseeb Ali, Khawat
36) Shujaat, Baghdi
37) Kamran Ali s/o Mukhtar Ali, Zeeran
38) Abid Hussain, Zeeran
39) S Asif Hussain s/o Syed Hur Hussain, Kirman
40) Javaid hussain s/o Imran Ali Kirman
41) Wahab Ali s/o Noor Ali Pawar
42) Syed Mohd s/o Wilayat Hussain Kirman
43) Turab Ali s/o Hussain Ali Shalozan
44) Sahid Hussain s/o Ahmed Ali Pawar