SHAFAQNA (Shia International News Association) – The Voice of Human Justice Association is a non-profit organization in Canada whose mission is to ensure respect for human rights through research and promotions as well as through social, humanitarian, sports and cultural activities. The organization is independent of any government or political ideology as well as any economic interest.
Objectives of the organization
- To defend and promote the interests of its members.
- Encourage, promote and defend human rights and freedom, and promote the respect of such human rights.
- To raise awareness towards human rights and actuality.
- Educate people about their rights, obligations and responsibilities.
- Conduct outreach and educational activities about human rights.
- Print, publish, edit and distribute to the public journals, newspapers or magazines and more generally information relating to the rights and freedoms in Canada and in the world.
- Intervene and represent, at its discretion, in front of any organization, public or private enterprise and government authority those whose rights are violated.
- Encourage all organizations, public or private enterprise, government or authority to support and respect human rights.
- Promote the rights and freedoms of any person or group of individuals in front of any organization, government or authority.
- Organize any social, humanitarian, sports or cultural activity related to the promotion of the goals of the organization.